Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yummy Lemon Dreamsicles

I have found a wonderfully delicious frozen treat recipe and it is too good not to share with my readers. I was skeptical when I read that the ingredients called for buttermilk but you have to trust me, they are so good.
Picture from Pinch My Salt

The recipe originated over at Whipped and has appeared on several other blogs since then. Once you make them you will know why. The picture was so amazing on Pinch My Salt that I didn't think I could improve on it.

I have renamed my frozen treats Lemon Dreamsicles and have slightly altered the recipe. They are really tangy from the extra lemon. You can adjust the amounts to suit your taste buds.

Lemon Dreamsicles

Ingredients:
2/3 cup of sugar
5-7 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 Tablespoons of grated lemon zest
1 pinch of salt
1 2/3 cups buttermilk

Directions:
Combine the lemon juice, sugar, salt, and zest in a 4 cup measuring cup. Whisk together. Once the sugar has dissolved whisk in the buttermilk. Pour into popsicle mold or cups and freeze 4 hrs.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...sounds good, I'll have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete