Sunday, October 10, 2010

Button Back Slipcover

I had my heart set on the Savannah chair from Pottery Barn for my living room as soon as I saw it. Unfortunately with shipping the chair would be nearing $1000 which I couldn't talk myself into. I set out on a mission to find a comparable chair to slipcover. It was not an easy task.
Savannah chair image from pottery barn website

First I tried second hand with no success. Then I started scouring the internet using sites like overstock. I finally found the perfect match with the Samantha chair from Broyhill. I found a deal on one at just over half of the cost of a new one with shipping. I bought the chair in a different fabric as shown at the end of the post. The fabric is beautiful for fall and winter but needed a slipcover for a fresh cottage feel.


                                                                            Image from Broyhill


 The Broyhill chair does not have a separate cushion which was the only drawback but not a deal breaker.
I chose to finish the back with covered buttons.

Here you can see the sofa and chair together with their denim slips.
Below is the original fabric chair.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo Pretty. I am amazed with your sewing skills. And your house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete