Monday, March 7, 2011

Laundry Room Progress

A few more things completed for the laundry room. I built a laundry folding table to look like an old farmhouse table to fill the awkward space along the one wall. It is counter height for easy folding and the dimensions are 24"x48" on the surface.
Looks empty underneath I know, but that is actually where a dog bed normally lives and is getting updated eventually.
I upgraded our dog food storage with a 10 gallon bucket from the hardware store. The bag of dog food hides nicely inside and I no longer have a blue plastic tote sitting there looking ugly.

I heavily distressed the finish of the wood to look like it had been in use for years in a kitchen.
Here is the view as compared to the new gate on the door.


More changes to come:

- shelf for above the table
- artwork between the upper cabinets above the washer and dryer
- more color with accessories
- coordinating dog bed for under table

1 comment:

  1. Wow Laura, your laundry room is looking great. I love the table, I am amazed how well it turned out, the gate too...nice job!

    ReplyDelete